bitfarm-Archiv DMS - Features and Functions
- Audit-proof archiving of paper and ERP documents - automatically archives documents from all Windows, Linux and AS-400 based ERP and merchandise management systems, including SAP® Content Server.
- Generating self-supporting archives for example for tax consultants, to hand over project documentation to a client, for fast document access by external employees without Internet access, or to fulfill the access rights of the tax authorities.
- Database fields, status, categories etc. can be defined flexibly and thus form a filing structure individually adapted to the needs of the company/institution. Different field types and search methods per archive / storage location can be configured.
- Automatic archiving of further document sources through monitored folders, AutoArchive printer drivers or server-based e-mail archiving.
- Links create digital files, such as order files, project files, customer files, etc..Symbolic links enable the storage of the same document in different archives. This can also be done automatically.
- Automatic sorting and indexing via masks, regular expressions, etc. This enables, for example, mass capture of heterogeneous documents as batch scans with automatic recognition and sorting of individual documents. Document capture with just one click. Automatic pattern recognition.
- Full text recognition and complete searchability of all supported document formats. Use of the world's leading Omnipage® OCR. Additional barcode recognition, also 2D barcodes.
- Fast search functions with search times of less than 1 second even for many millions of documents ( including full text search ). Convenient graphical search location marking directly on the displayed document, at the touch of a button to (next) hit.
- Free combination of all defined search fields with full-text, tags, user, date, workflow status and other metadata.
- Working together on Office-documents, CAD drawings, etc.. Release and publication according to Quality Management Manual (DIN EN 9001 ff.) possible. Automatic adherence to compliance requirements.
- Intelligent escalation mechanisms, e.g. when processing times are exceeded or documents are not recognized correctly.
- Extensive and highly customizable workflow functions forms document processes across all industries. Leave and illness representative regulation, workflows in groups, delegable tasks with temporary inherited authorizations. Controlling function for superiors. Reporting possible at any time via Excel.
- Complete unchangeable document history of all actions on each document, reporting and admin log.
- Automatic document versioning with SVN, CheckIn / CheckOut, evaluations / data export to Excel, CSV or OpenOffice.
- Contract management, monitoring of self-prolonging contracts and termination options, calculation of current liabilities, etc.
- Manual intervention in automatic processes is possible at any time. Support of flexible working methods. It is not prescribed at which time certain actions must take place. For example, keywording, linking or starting a workflow is possible early in the entry process, but also any time later.
- The awarded user interface gets by almost without sub-windows, is well adaptable to individual user requirements and nearly all functions can be switched on and off.
- Direct, large document display. No need to load an external application to view documents. This allows fast browsing and visual capturing, "leafing through like in a file folder". Works with ERP documents, paper scans, Office, emails, PDFs, and even many CAD formats. Multiple document windows simultaneously possible.
- Working in the DMS as with paper. Direct use of graphical tools on the document such as Sticky Notes ("post-its"), free text, pens, lines, markers, etc.
- Each user can set up his own list display and sorting for each archive. Additional bookmarks, distribution favorites, hotkeys and stamps can be configured for each user.
- Keyboard operable for fast daily work with documents, many useful hotkeys, macro capable through plugins.
- Many proven concepts are used: context menus, drag & drop, self-learning lists, auto-complete, back functions, memorize and subscribe to documents.
- Minimal training required because of intuitive operability..
Supported Document Formats
- Paper Documents
- digital ERP-documents
Architecture & Scalability
- Fast user interface through native multi-thread program code.(Delphi).
- Rapid searches by optimized database queries and stored procedures.
- Database MySQL (MS-SQL and Oracle available soon).
- Active Directory / LDAP connection for easy maintenance of users and groups.
- Separation of database, document storage, DMS-Server, OCR- and render server on different machines possible.
- OCR cluster option for large document volumes.
- Revision security through soft WORM procedure, additionally secured with SHA256 checksums
- Granular rights system controls access to documents and functions on an individual user or group basis.
- Role concept for easy administration.
- Inheritance functions for archive and storage properties, field definitions and rights.
- Scalable 5 to 5000 user/server, up to 100 Mio. documents per DB/server.
- Implementation as a complete service-oriented software architecture (SOA).
- Multi-client capable, multiple locations with their own servers are supported.
Server: Current industry standard server with at least 2 GB free main memory, 100 GB hard disk space, dual core CPU Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 and 2022, functioning structured data backup. Server hardware with RAID system and data backup, current CPU from 2,6 GHz, min. 8 GB RAM, ATA/SCSI RAID-1, data backup, domain/AD structure.
Full functionality with Windows client, Windows 8.1, 10 and 11. Many functions also available via web browser and bitfarm-Archiv app for Android and iOS. Support for MS-Office from 2007. Client installation unattended or only as shortcut possible. The client can also be used via terminal server and/or VPN.
bitfarm recommends using genuine document scanners instead of multifunction devices. Technically, almost all network scanners or TWAIN-compatible scanners can be used. In comparison, document scanners have important functions such as double feed detection and image processing to make the capture of paper documents process-safe.
Active Directory infrastructure with working DNS, users must be able to access a server share without a new login window. On network-internal firewalls, the ports for database access and the bitfarm-Archiv server service must be opened. A VPN connection is required for external use of the document management system with smartphones and tablets.
- Remote control from other applications, e.g. to directly display documents, perform searches etc., Web service API.
- Complete integration into Windows Explorer, MS- and OpenOffice. Integration with Outlook and other email clients. Interfaces to most ERP and merchandise management systems.