bitfarm-Archiv Document Management is an Open Source Document Management System (DMS), which is used as a client-server-software in the Windows environment.
The software covers the requirements of businesses and institutions in the fields of digital archiving, electronic Document Management, workflow and process management as well as contract management, records management, knowledge management and ECM extensively and sector-independently. Typical user groups are employees and managers in all sectors in small and mid-sized businesses, institutions as well as public administrations with 5 to 5,000 users.
Economic Document Management thanks to Open Source
bitfarm-Archiv Document Management is an Open Source software and integrates a number of components from this sector. No licence fees are due for bitfarm-Archiv Document Management. The introduction and operation of the software are not free of charge, but the total cost is an inexpensive and economic alternative when compared to other products in the same subject class. Since IT budgets are not unlimited, Open Source solutions are becoming increasingly popular in economics and administration. This is also due to the high quality of Open Source software.
There are two versions of bitfarm-Archiv DMS: the GPL Edition is available on a free developer's base, for private users and small working groups, and the Enterprise Edition for more sophisticated business operations.
Possible applications and scenarios
- Digital archiving – scanning and capturing, indexing, audit-proof archiving and rapid retrieval of paper documents at any time
- Document organisation – contract and project-linked document organisation, categorisation, assignment and distribution
- Workflow management – depicting electronic work processes with documents
- Enterprise Content Managementt – Collectively create and edit documents, building a knowledge database, enforce of compliance requirements.
Product details bitfarm-Archiv DMS
- Product philosophy – the idea behind the Open Source DMS
- Function overview – overview over the functions
- Features – product features in key points
- Advantages – comparison with other systems
- Costs & licensing – costs of DMS introduction and operation
- Screenshots – Software screenshots